Getresponse is an E-Mail marketing platform that enables you to create an email marketing list of prospects, partners, and customers to develop an ongoing relationship with them and build a forward-oriented marketing campaign. Read my GetResponse review.
Let’s take a look at what makes Getresponse one of the most popular tools for designing and sending HTML newsletters. I am going to review some of its most important features with a brief comparison to other platforms on the market.
Getresponse provides a wide range of pricing plans for different levels of email marketing and they look a bit complicated. I’m going to explain the differences in plans later. There are three general types of plans- Email, Pro, and Max. On top of them, there is an Enterprise plan for really serious marketing strategists. Here what these plans look like:
- 1-1000 contacts $15/mo (Email)
- 1001-2500 $25/mo (Email)
- 2501-5000 $45/mo (Email), $49/mo (Pro)
- 5000-10000 $65/mo (Email), $75/mo (Pro), $165/mo (Max)
- 10000-25000 $145/mo (Email), $165/mo (Pro), $255/mo (Max)
- 25000-50000 $250/mo (Email), $280/mo (Pro), $370/mo (Max)
- 50000-100000 $450/mo (Email), $490/mo (Pro), $580/mo (Max)
An Enterprise plan covers everything above 100001 contacts and comes at the price of $799/ mo
(I can’t stop wondering- why someone with more than 50000 contacts in their mail list would choose an Email plan with only $40 in savings over Pro plan?:))
GetResponse plan features.
- Allows you to import mail list;
- Mail list hosting;
- Outstanding responsive email design;
- Landing page creator;
- Plenty of e-mail templates;
- RSS functionality;
- E-mail forms split testing;
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting;
- Social sharing.
In addition to these features Pro, Max, and Enterprise plans allow you to create landing pages that are split test-capable and a webinar feature that allows you to host 100 attendees in Pro plan, 500 in Max and 1000 in Enterprise. Multi-user functionality is available.
Compared to Pro, the Max plan also includes a salesforce integration, account manager, and custom domain.
Compared to Getresponse Aweber offers 5 plans;
- 1 to 500 contacts: $19/mo;
- 501 to 2,500 contacts: $29 /mo;
- 2501 to 5,000 s contacts: $49/mo;
- 5001 to 10,000 contacts: $69/mo;
- 10001 to 25,000 contacts: $149/mo;
Subscribers with more than 25000 contacts must inquire with Aweber for a quote.
Mailchimp has 3 basic plans with price ranges within- “Starting up” is free with up to 2000 contacts and with NO Autoresponder available, “Growing business” and “Pro Marketer”
- Up to 1000 contacts $15/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 2500 $30/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 5000 $50/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 10000 $75/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 25000 $150/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 50000 $240/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
- Up to 100000 $475/mo GB and Pro (+$199 Pro subscription);
As you can see the pricing is pretty much in similar ranges, but Mailchimp offers a narrower pricing range within major ranges. allowing you to target your mail list needs more precisely.
Getresponse provides you with an excellent feature set that puts it in the top mail responders list, not for nothing.
The autoresponder is the feature that automatically sends emails to your contacts at a predetermined schedule. Usually, it is set up to send a welcome message immediately after someone has subscribed to your email list and a day or two later (or how you decide it) they will receive a product or any service offer you have to present to them. The number of emails and send frequency, as well as the content itself, is up to your determination.
GetResponse enables you to supply time-based and action-based messages that will depend on recipient’s action like the number of opens and clicks, completed transactions. forms or changes in user preferences.
Getresponse’s autoresponder is excellent and remains unbeatable.
There are over 700 email templates available and that’s way more than other competitors offer.
Getresponse email template designs are not as great as Aweber’s and Mailchimp’s and look somewhat outdated, but they are highly customizable and allow you to change fonts, colors, and images at your discretion. With a wealth of choices you always can find a proper template fitting your need and customize it to match your requirements with a little or no hustle.
The obvious advantage Getresponse templates have over competitor’s is the responsiveness- although all competitors already provide responsive designs (the ability to automatically adjust template for mobile devices) Getresponse’s designs are still outperforming others.
It is a great feature many of competitors are not providing. Landing pages are created to generate leads by presenting visitors with an attractive “Squeeze page” that provide clear information and display “Call to Action” prompting people to take an action you want them to, capturing their contact information that is getting added to your contact list.
Getresponse provides Landing Page Creator for all subscribers although the Email plan gives you a limited functionality of this tool- only 1000 shows per month and no split testing available (however you can see a preview of different versions with approximate conversion rate calculations).
Getresponse’s split testing feature puts them ahead of all their competitors. They allow you to split test 5 different messages compared to 4 Aweber’s, 3 of Mailchimp’s and 2 of Campaign Monitor’s. For a serious email campaign, this difference can be a significant benefit.
One email marketing feature that should not be overlooked is your campaign analytics.
Getresponse provides analytics for all important metrics, such as:
- Open rate;
- Click through;
- One click segmentation;
- Metrics over time;
- Email ROI.
Mailchimp and Aweber are getting pretty close with their features offered, but they’re not as full as Getresponse’s.
Ease of use.
It is rather easy to perform all of the major functions Getresponse is providing. You can set up the autoresponder, import and export contacts, create emails and landing pages and monitor your statistics without being a professional email marketer. And in case you are getting stuck their product category’s tutorials are very good.
Getresponse interface design is a kind of conservative style, but it is very intuitive and easy to navigate within.
Getresponse’s support deserves the highest score for its comprehensiveness. The phone support is available 9 to 5 EST and email support and Live Chat is available 24/7. All subscribers have a support representative assigned to them who provide calls on a regular basis asking if you have any difficulties using their service.
Getresponse review conclusion.
The service Getresponse is providing its customers with is matching its highest ranking in the list of email marketing solution providers. It holds highest ranks in terms of features available, the functionality provided and cost effectiveness.
- Autoresponder allows you to send highly responsive emails to all your contacts contained in hosted and maintained database;
- The Landing Page Creator provides you with customizable Squeeze pages;
- Analytics and reporting tools are very comprehensive;
- Great support provided;
- Pricing is very competitive and even Email plan provides you with the similar features that may cost more with Getresponse’ competitors;
- Easy to use and full of useful features.
- Email and landing pages designs are not-so-modern;
- Email design tool is not always meeting expected performance;
One of the best thing about Getresponse is that you can try it absolutely FREE for 30 days with this offer WITHOUT providing your credit card- and if after 30 days you will feel that it’s not meeting your expectations you won’t have to bother calling them to unsubscribe.